When the winter sun is out, seize the opportunity to enjoy all the outdoor excitement Cape Town has to offer. School holidays are right around the corner and the little ones will enjoy these action-packed outdoor activities:
Putt-Putt on the Sea Point Boardwalk
The cool ocean breeze mixed with your little one’s competitive spirit is sure to put a smile on their face. This popular spot is nestled along Sea Point Drive and is a great way to get the whole family involved.
- R40 per player (one game)
- R80 per player (three games)
- R320 per family ticket (10 matches)
- Location: Beach Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8005
- Website: puttputtcapetown.co.za
Practice flips and tricks at Constantia Uitsig Bike Park
Bike Park in Constantia Uitsig offers extreme fun for kids that are sure to burn off some energy, and it’s also a great weekend getaway. Watch your little Evel Knievel bike ride over the bridges, ramps and wide dirt roads this bike park has to offer. There are kid-friendly pump tracks that are also perfect for beginners with some exciting elevation changes thrown into the mix.
- Cost: R50 for a one hour permit
- Location: ERF3347 Spaanschemat River Rd, Porter Reform Estate, Cape Town, 7806
- Website: bikeparkatuitsig.co.za
Sandboarding Cape Town is sure to give your kids an adrenaline rush like they’ve never had before. Fun in the sun and a very unique experience is what you will find here.
You can choose between classic sandboarding, 4×4 sandboarding and quad biking. Equipment is included in the price and training is also provided. Your kids will be hitting the dunes in no time.
Rent a bike and enjoy the magnificent views of the Seapoint promenade in a new way. Up Cycles has taken the classic ride along the boardwalk and turned it into something different. There’s nothing quite like the childhood memory of riding a bike in the summer.
- R90 for one hour
- R130 for two hours
- R180 for three hours
- R260 for half a day
- R330 for a full day until sunset
- Location: 0 Beach Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: upcycles.co.za
Practice your aim with Laser Tag
Not all of us like being beaten and bruised by paintballs, but we do like the idea of running around with guns to play against each other. So why not try the laser tag? It’s a great activity for the whole family; little ones will love all the action and won’t go home covered in bruises.
SWAT Laser Tag has three locations in the Mother City that provide breathtaking backdrops for the games: from the majestic forests of bluegum and giant pines of the Tokai region, to the airy poplar forests of Somerset West, the inspiring sage old oaks of the southern suburbs and the mesmerizing sights and sounds of the west coast fynbos.
SWAT Laser Tag can also bring you the action; Due to the simplicity and portability of their laser tag equipment, they can also hold laser tag events anywhere indoors or outdoors.
- West Somerset location: Helderberg Farm, Klein Helderberg Rd, Somerset West, 7130
- Location of Melkbos: R27 Motorway, Melkbosstrand, Cape Town, 7441
- Wynberg Location: Cnr of Trovato Link, Klaasens Rd, Wynberg, Cape Town, 8001
- Website: swatlasertag.co.za
- Cost: From R180 per player, depending on location
Read also :
Wine farms offering kid-friendly tastings and pairings